The Community Partners Fund was established by the Greater White Bear Lake Community Foundation to provide grant support for programs and projects that respond to community needs and that align with our mission to inspire philanthropy and to enrich the lives of people in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake—Birchwood Village, Dellwood, Grant, Mahtomedi, White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, and Willernie.
For the three years 2017-2019, the Foundation awarded $123,500 in grants to 47 local community organizations to support 72 new and ongoing projects and programs. Applications for the 2020 round of grantmaking will be accepted beginning in July.
The Foundation encourages community residents who would like to join with the Foundation in supporting local organizations to contribute to our Community Partners Fund. Donors also can designate their contributions to support a specific field on interest, such as the arts, the environment, human services, education. Donations may be made here.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call (651) 420-5412.
Applications Should Clearly Describe:
- The purpose of your project and how it is consistent with the Foundation’s mission to inspire philanthropy and enrich the lives of people who live in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake, now and in the future
- The community need or problem the project plans to address
- How the community will benefit from the project
- A detailed plan of project activities
- How you will evaluate the success of your project
- Political campaigns or lobbying
- Requests from individuals for support
- Projects that have been completed prior to funding decisio
Who Can Apply:
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status or groups that have an appropriate fiscal sponsor, and government entities (i.e., schools and municipalities)
- Churches and religious organizations may apply for support for activities that benefit the larger community, but not for activities that have a specific religious purpose
- Organizations located in or primarily serving residents of the greater White Bear Lake area
- Programs or projects that are consistent with the Foundation’s mission to inspire philanthropy and to enrich the lives of people in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake: Birchwood Village, Dellwood, Grant, Mahtomedi, White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, and Willernie now and in the future
Looking for more insight? We welcome calls from prospective applicants and also recommend applicants attend one of our informational meetings.
Application Process & Timeline
Phase 1: Dates TBD
Applications accepted by Foundation
Phase 2: Dates TBD
Informational Meetings will be hosted for interested applicants
Phase 3: Dates TBD
Grants Committee application review
Phase 4: Dates TBD
Foundation Board meets to approve grants
Phase 5: Dates TBD
Applicants notified of funding decisions