Our GrantsIn 2017 and 2018, the Foundation awarded grants to local community organizations totaling $73,350. Applications for the 2019 grant round will be accepted from July 15 – September 30, 2019. APPLY HERE
ABOUT the Community Partners Grants Fund
The Community Partners Fund was established by the Greater White Bear Lake Community Foundation to provide grant support for programs and projects that respond to community needs and that align with our mission to inspire philanthropy and to enrich the lives of people in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake—Birchwood Village, Dellwood, Grant, Mahtomedi, White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, and Willernie.
Grant funds are available thanks to the generous contributions from individuals in the greater White Bear Lake area. In 2017, the Foundation awarded $32,200 in grants to 20 local organizations; in 2018, $41,150 was awarded to 23 recipients.
Applications for the 2019 grant round will be accepted from July 15 – September 30. Decisions will be made by November 1, 2019.
The Foundation encourages community residents who would like to join with the Foundation in supporting local organizations to contribute to our Community Partners Fund. Donations may be made here.
For more information, contact email@example.com or call (651) 420-5412.
Applications Should Clearly Describe:
- The purpose of your project and how it is consistent with the Foundation’s mission to inspire philanthropy and enrich the lives of people who live in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake, now and in the future
- The community need or problem the project plans to address
- How the community will benefit from the project
- A detailed plan of project activities
- How you will evaluate the success of your project
Who Can Apply
- Nonprofit organizations with 501(c)(3) status or groups that have an appropriate fiscal sponsor, and government entities (i.e., schools and municipalities)
- Churches and religious organizations may apply for support for activities that benefit the larger community, but not for activities that have a specific religious purpose
- Organizations located in or primarily serving residents of the greater White Bear Lake area
- Programs or projects that are consistent with the Foundation’s mission to inspire philanthropy and to enrich the lives of people in the communities that share the shores of White Bear Lake: Birchwood Village, Dellwood, Grant, Mahtomedi, White Bear Lake, White Bear Township, and Willernie now and in the future
- Political campaigns or lobbying
- Requests from individuals for support
- Projects that have been completed prior to funding decision
Looking for more insight? We welcome calls from prospective applicants and also recommend applicants attend one of our informational meetings.
Application Process & Timeline
Phase 1: July 15-Sept. 30
Applications accepted by Foundation
Informational Meetings will be hosted for interested applicants
- Aug. 6 (7:30 AM)
- Aug. 14 (4:30 PM)
- Sept. 4 (4:30 PM)
- Sept. 6 (7:30 AM)
More details on meetings and registration details here.
Phase 3: Oct. 1-18
Grants Committee application review
Phase 4: Oct. 24
Foundation Board meets to approve grants
Phase 5: Oct. 25-31
Applicants notified of funding decisions
COMMUNITY PARTNERS FUND GRANTS COMMITTEE
Carol McFarlane, Chair
John Redpath, Vice Chair
Jackie Reis, Executive Director